Another helpful graphic, yay! But seriously, it’s important you understand, that doing things for yourself on a daily basis helps you more than you think. It’s a brilliant stress reducer and it’s absolutely essential if you are struggling with chronic stress.
Even if you have pretty good stress-free life, take it just for the heck of it! See how your life can improve even more!
So if you want to flourish like a beautiful flower, here you go. Hope you will let me know how that went.
This is the just small list I compiled for myself, finding myself always falling short of time for taking few minutes for myself, especially that Ive became unemployed recently. Somewhere in all that grinding and hustling, saving money and dropping my cv everywhere, I just don’t have more time to take self-care seriously. That’s why I came up with the challenge. Seeing how well it turned out I have decided to make pretty graphic and share it with you here, so if you take it and it would possibly help you – share it with other people who need it.
SELF CARE CHALLENGE
- Starting easy… make yourself a cup of tea, put your phone away and looking out of the window thinking about one thing that makes your heart sing. For 15 minutes thinking about what do you need to do in order to do that thing more often.
- Take a piece of paper and write down 10 things you are proud of yourself for doing.
- Take a mindful walk – without headphones, in silence, without checking a phone.
- Do yoga or pilates today. Or whatever you like to do in form of exercise. Don’t make it the usual, push yourself for 5 more minutes.
- Think about one thing you always very precise about doing or making and just let go for today – don’t give it 100%, give it 70%.
- Just get a good night sleep. Either go to sleep early or mention the day before that you will be late to work tomorrow and lie in.
- List 10 things you are grateful for.
- Take some time to find a quote that inspires you in life and use it as a mantra through the day.
- At the end of the day, round up 5 things that went well.
- Sit down for 15 minutes with a cup of tea again and think about your suppressed emotions. Maybe something in your inner life needs tending to? Think about why you feel a certain way and how you can make it stop.
- Think about the relationship with your partner or friend. Why makes it so special? How can you tend to it today?
- Meditate for 10 minutes. If you are already doing it daily, meditate 5 minutes longer!
- If you have a toxic person in your life, think about ending this relationship today. Do it today. Promise yourself you would and stick to it.
- Praise yourself for the finished task. Why not? We often beat ourselves up inside about things we do wrong or things we don’t do. Why not praising yourself for something you have done instead and forgiving yourself for things that you didn’t finish?
- Today, ponder on your biggest strength in life and feel proud of it.
- Do a massive brain dump. Put it all either on a piece of paper or in a digital note app.
- Treat yourself to the homemade feast of a breakfast. Make yourself a really nice fry up or have a portion of homemade pancakes. Yum! You are worth it!
- Put on your favorite music and just listen to it – stop multitasking for a while.
- Take a trip through memory lane – give yourself some time to look through your old pictures and feel the positive emotions coming back to life.
- Take look at your to do list and be completely honest with yourself – which task you have to do and which tasks you don’t have to do for now. Give yourself a break from 100% efficiency.
- Take a mindfulness day – stop rushing around and take it slow today. Enjoy every moment.
- Is there anything that you absolutely love doing but never have a time for? Today, just do that first thing in the morning. Either wake up earlier or leave work early and do it. You’ve been waiting for too long.
- Run a hot bath or have hot, long shower. I know, I know, we shouldn’t really have hot or long showers, but today it’s a special day. Let yourself in on a little bit of luxury.
- Get yourself a reward – it doesn’t matter if it’s a new haircut, a new candle or anything else – just make sure you reward yourself for all your hard work on yourself for 30 days! I’m proud of you!
If you don’t take care of yourself, nobody else will. Well, maybe sometimes, but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it ourselves. Especially when we do have a bad day, week or month. Instead of complaining and blaming other people, let’s invest this energy into helping ourselves. Trusting, being compassionate and hearing inner-selfs needs. That’s the least we can do.
Let me know how you get on in the comments!